Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Welcome, and fair warning

Yes, you read that correctly.

Welcome to my new blog... you may be asking why I started this blog. There are already tons of beer blogs out there and plenty of other sites where people review beers. Awesome - go read those and don't bother me.

Well, there aren't really any blogs or writers in the Tallahassee area, and I plan to do my blog a little differently. I will occasionally review beers, but only some of my favorites or some of the best beers I happen to try. There is at least one beer writer in town that I know of, but you have to pay to read the articles, and to be frank, he's not much of a beer guy, and he doesn't review beers or talk about beer things that often.

No, I will not be focusing solely on Florida beers. I will review and discuss beers from all over the world as well as beer events that I attend, various happenings in Tallahassee, and more. My blog will be a mix of things, which makes it just a touch different than most beer blogs out there... Get ready to be informed, get pissed off, and send me angry emails. I'm ready for you, and I'm prepared for the repercussions of what I intend to do. This will be an honest blog and not everyone is going to be happy, including this first post. I will post things that I love, events that I hate, screw-ups, and more. Be prepared.

If you're curious about me, I'm a tuba player that happens to love beer and everything about beer. I brew beer, rate beer online, judge homebrew competitions, sit around and read beer magazines and books, work at beer stores, meet up with other beer lovers on a regular basis, trade beer, share beer, drink beer, and just about anything you can think of. I don't know everything, but I know a damn lot and I have a small tolerance for mistakes and failure. Get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment