Friday, September 2, 2011

A Flood of Breweries

Fermentation Lounge may have opened the gate, but it seems we're getting more and more news and rumors these days. We all remember the "Mad Mullet" Docker's disaster, then we got confirmation that Momo's and Mike's Stone Baked Pizza are trying to brew, and now we have even more.

For a long time now there have been rumors flying about a brewpub opening on 6th Avenue around/across from Bamboo House, but it was always a vague rumor and I always passed it off as "I'll believe it when I'm sitting there with beer in my glass" kind of thing. One of the Golden Horn brewers told me on Wednesday that this is becoming a reality. Someone he knows named Brian is going to be the brewer (he was also there, but I was on my way out so I didn't get a chance to talk to him). Apparently a local business owner (I believe he said the owner of 5th Avenue Taproom, but I can't remember - I had always heard Jasmine) is running the operation. They are getting a 3-barrel system, which I'm sure is a lot like Momo's, if not the same one.

Momo's Brewing Equipment

As I get more details, I'll certainly post here. We'll see what happens, and we're all still awaiting the opening of Momo's and Mike's. Pretty soon there is going to be a TON of fresh local beer - AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment