Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Local Updates

Not much new going on these days, but here are a few quick updates and reminders. Also, I've been asked by a local up and coming brewer to come over, do an interview, and sample some brews. Once that happens I will post it on the blog! If any other current or future brewers would like a spot on the blog - feel free to contact me!

Tomorrow is Proof's big Stone event. They will have 2 casks, including a vanilla aged smoked porter and dry-hopped Oaked Arrogant Bastard. There will also be a glassware giveaway and any beers purchased from the Arrogant Bastard lineup helps towards the "Most Arrogant Bar in the US" competition.

The week after (November 9th) is Proof's Dogfish Head event. There will be a glassware giveaway as well as kegs of 120 Minute, Bitches Brew, Namaste, My Antonia, Olde School, Pangea, Hellhound, 60 Minute, 90 Minute, and Midas Touch. I'm not Dogfish's #1 fan, but that's a tasty lineup. They are also boasting bottles of "Dogfish Head Foundation," but I have no idea what that is. If anyone has any idea, do let me know! UPDATE: I assume they're talking about Dogfish Head's new Pearl Jam beer, dubbed "Faithfull," and it was just a mix up of names.

The brewer for Golden Horn/Fermentation Lounge told me awhile back that they are a week behind their original schedule, so their next haus bier release should happen on or around November 16th. The original schedule says they were planning a chocolate oatmeal imperial stout (yum!) and a date brown ale (gross). We'll see what pops up, though!

Well that's about it for now. Check back soon for that interview!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to some RateBeer people for suggesting "Faithfull" as the intended DFH brew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did in fact verify that they meant Faithfull

    ReplyDelete