Friday, August 26, 2011

Local Updates

First, let's update you thirsty locals.

Some of you found out (the hard way) that Fermentation Lounge didn't end up getting their cask of Chipotlai on Tuesday. They say on their Facebook that it has arrived and they will tap it on Sunday, August 28th. They didn't say what time, but usually they tap the casks when they open, which is 5pm 4PM on Sunday. Unfortunately I work on Sunday... but I may try to get out there for it. UPDATE: I will be there at 4pm.

Also, they are having their Terrapin event with a cask of Hop Karma on Friday (August 26th - today) with a glassware giveaway.

Proof has announced a couple of events in the last couple of days. On Wednesday THURSDAY, September 1st at 8pm they are doing a Stella Artois chalice giveaway. My advice to the beer nerds in town: skip it. It will definitely be bro-tastic.

However, on Wednesday, September 8th at 8pm they are doing a Victory event with a cask of Storm King. This is one of the boldest casks they've had in awhile, and if I can make it, I will be there for sure. There will also be a few other Victory beers on tap and a glassware giveaway.

UPDATE: I just found out that the Victory Storm King cask WILL NOT be happening. The cask that was offered is apparently very old and was turned down. There will be some sort of special "German" event instead, details TBA.

Other than that, don't forget New Leaf does a sampling of 4-5 beers every Saturday around 4:30pm. No news from Momo's or Mike's Stone Baked Pizza yet, but I'll keep you posted!

2 comments: