Thursday, December 1, 2011

Beer People are Good People

Though I already knew it before, this blog has made me realize something once again.

Beer people are good people.

Granted I gave fair warning, but I have said some pretty negative things on this blog. Luckily for me, this has turned into positive things. This is why I love beer people.

Let's talk Golden Horn Brewing Company for a minute. Since my original post about them, their beers have gotten better and better and I have gotten to know one of the brewers more and more. Now, I'm not going to say we're best pals and we go skipping down Beer Avenue on a weekly basis... but we're friendly. He tells me about the upcoming beers online and in person and we're even working on setting up an interview with the brew team for my blog... and possibly even a GHBC/TBC collaborative brew... now that's crazy.

Let's recap. Step one: Write long, boring blog entry about a botched release and a couple of... uninspired brews. Step two: Strike up a conversation with a brewer. Step three: Interview and a collab brew?

Only beer people could make that jump.

Fast forward several months to my "State of the Union" post. Towards the end I mention Pensacola Brewing Company and how their beers are awful and the brewers are, to quote myself, "giant d-bags." Luckily for me, a co-worker went to Pensacola Bay's Facebook page, told them about my blog, and asked what the word was on their potential move to Tallahassee. Wait a minute. Luckily? Drawing their attention to my blog entry that calls their beers "awful" and calls their employees "giant d-bags?"

Yes, luckily.

I got a very kind e-mail from one of their owner/brewers asking if we had ever met and if I had ever been to Pensacola because he'd love to meet me and try to sway my opinion. A few emails later and I discovered this particular owner/brewer has never been to Tallahassee for a beer function and he personally invited me to come visit the brewery and sample beers with him next time I'm in Pensacola.

See... luckily! You have just got to love beer people. It's how we roll.

Beer people are good people. Don't forget it!

By the way, Pensacola Bay responded on their Facebook page that the move to Tallahassee probably wouldn't happen.

I could go on with many experiences involving RateBeer, traveling, trading, festivals, releases, relatives, negative stereotypes, and more, but I'll save those for another time.

Until then...
Cheers!

(also, do yourself a favor and watch this)

No comments:

Post a Comment