Thursday, December 29, 2011

A few randoms...

Still not much going on in town... the good beer bars in town are still picking up some new brews though, so check them out.

I certainly hope you have a HOPPY New Year! (get it?)

Let's see... what's new... caught back up with Golden Horn again and you should see my interview with them pop up sometime after the new year. I'm glad, too, because I'm in need of a nice article that's not just news.

I had a couple of random occurrences as of late that relate to this blog, so... here goes.

The first happened at the Publix in the Lake Ella Plaza. Brew day was upon me so I stopped by there in the morning to get some water and bags of ice. The cashier kindly inquired "what I was having" and I explained that I was going to be brewing. Here comes the weird part. He asked me if it was for the brewing that was going to be going on around 6th Avenue. I told him no and kindly left, but it really got me thinking.

1) How does he know about that? Is he into beer? Random.
2) Did he think I was going on a commercial venture with 10 gallons of water and two bags of ice?

Oh well, I suppose I just have to let it go, but it was pretty random.

Also, I stopped by Homebrew Den later for an ingredient I forgot and... and... you're not going to believe this. I SHIT YOU NOT - they told me what beer they think is up next for Momo's:

BEHOLD

A red ale. Well, it could be worse, I suppose. I asked when it would be ready and of course they had no idea! [:31] (okay, nobody's going to get that 31 thing).

Well if any of you ever hit up Momo's and they have a new beer on tap - please let me know!

So that's all for now folks!

Cheers!

1 comment: